Everyone wants bright and dazzling teeth, and no one wants to be remembered for their pearly yellows. When you have stained or yellow teeth, it can be challenging to feel confident or empowered by your smile. Luckily, professional teeth whitening by Dr. Ben Johnson at Johnson Family Dental in Paducah can remove tough stains and whiten dark or yellow teeth on most teeth.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration and Stains?
Tooth discoloration and stains can occur for many reasons:
- Particles from food and beverages can stick to the teeth, wear away the enamel, or stain the enamel, making them look dull or discolored.
- The nicotine in tobacco products can penetrate the porous enamel, causing tough, dark stains.
- Poor dental hygiene can result in tooth discoloration because plaque and stains aren’t removed through brushing, flossing, and professional teeth cleanings.
- As we age, our enamel wears down and becomes thinner, revealing the yellowish dentin below.
- Some medications can even affect the shade of our teeth, such as antihistamines or antibiotics.
Professional Teeth Whitening Can Transform Your Smile
Sometimes, we need a little extra help to lift coffee or wine stains and reduce unsightly tooth discoloration. That’s where professional teeth whitening comes in. At Johnson Family Dental in Paducah, we offer in-office professional teeth whitening to combat deep and surface stains.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Dr. Ben Johnson uses state-of-the-art whitening solutions to gently clear away stains and brighten dull and discolored teeth. Here is how it works:
- First we make a record of the current shade of your teeth.
- Our team removes plaque and polishes your teeth before we start the whitening process.
- We will make custom trays to fit you specifically.
- We provide a professional-grade whitening solution that you will take home and use with your trays until you reach your optimum shade.
- Finally, we will record your new shade.
- We will also provide additional solution for touch-ups when needed.
Interested in professional teeth whitening by Johnson Family Dental? Give us a call at (270) 554-2432 to schedule an appointment or CLICK HERE to contact us. Johnson Family Dental is located at 2913 Lone Oak Rd in Paducah, KY. At Johnson Family Dental in Paducah, we want to protect your family’s smile for a lifetime!