With the recent pandemic, dental offices in Kentucky have only been seeing patients on an emergency basis. As a result, many dental cleanings have been cancelled or delayed. Even now, many patients have delayed their cleaning due to Covid-19 fears. At Johnson Family Dental in Paducah, we want to reassure all of our patients that we have taken extreme measures to insure the safety and well-being of our patients as we resume taking care of all of your family’s dental needs.
So, why is it so important to avoid a delay in having your teeth cleaned? Professional dental cleanings aren’t just for keeping your smile bright; they can have a significant impact on your general health. Insufficient oral hygiene has been linked to several serious illnesses. Associated medical and dental issues include bone loss, cardiovascular disease, strokes, cancers, and many other problems. Brushing and flossing at home are essential, but to ensure teeth are healthy and thoroughly clean, you should schedule regular check-ups with your dentist and annual dental cleanings with your dental hygienist. Here are several reasons professional cleanings are so important.
- Your dental hygienist can remove most of the stains that dull and discolor your teeth, so you’ll be left with a brighter, whiter smile.
- Having your teeth cleaned can prevent gum disease, which leads to early tooth loss.
- In America alone, one person dies from oral cancer every hour, but many of these cancers are curable if detected at an early stage during a routine cleaning.
- A strong link exists between cardiovascular disease and gum disease. Because getting your teeth cleaned twice a year helps prevent gum disease, it can also reduce your chances of potentially deadly heart attacks and strokes.
- During a professional dental cleaning, it’s easy for your dentist to detect early signs of problems such as broken fillings and fractures.
- Many dental plans cover cleanings, and you’ll save money on dental expenses in the long run by taking advantage of your policy.
- If your dentist finds any serious problems during a teeth cleaning or exam, the office can help you make financial arrangements to cover the necessary procedures.
- Professional dental cleanings give your dentist or hygienist an opportunity to compare the state of your oral health to that of previous visits. If you’re moving in the wrong direction, immediate intervention can put you back on track.
- Regular check-ups and dental cleanings help prevent and resolve persistent bad breath.
Dr. Ben Johnson and his staff at Johnson Family Dental in Paducah are here to help you and your family with all of your dental needs. If you are looking for a Paducah area dentist, we hope you will contact our office. You can reach us by phone at (270) 554-2432 or CLICK HERE to contact us. Our office is conveniently located at 2913 Lone Oak Rd, Paducah, KY. We look forward to serving you and your family.