Tooth decay and children no longer have to go hand in hand. At our office we are most concerned with all aspects of preventive care. We use the latest in dental sealant technology to protect your child’s teeth. Dental sealants are space-age plastics that are bonded to the chewing surfaces of decay-prone back teeth. This along with regular cleanings and good habits at home will set the foundation for your child’s lifetime of good oral health. Here are a few tips from Dr. Ben Johnson of things you can do at home to help prevent cavities in your child’s teeth:
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks.
- Encourage brushing, flossing and rinsing.
- Watch what your child drinks.
- Avoid giving your child sticky foods.
- Make treats part of meals.
- Choose nutritious snacks.
We are here to help your entire family preserve and protect your teeth for a lifetime. If you are looking for a dentist in the Paducah area, we hope you will contact Johnson Family Dental at (270) 554-2432 to schedule your next appointment.